As most of you likely do not know, I recently had a birthday. It was perhaps one of the more eye opening ones of my 20’s, as I am now officially closer to 30 than 20.
Sometimes I feel sad that I am getting older, but I also do really think that I am getting better with age. Wiser, smarter, more beautiful.. ok, ok, I’ll stop!! But really, I feel significantly wiser and more confident with myself as I did when I turned 20.
This blog began as an idea for helping out people like me. People in their 20’s who don’t really know what the hell is going on most of the time. Trying to understand how to have a “normal” life, while being able to afford and say yes to as many opportunities that come their way. It has expanded off of that topic, as I really enjoy to write about my travels, but all in all, I think I have learned my own lessons that I can only try to spread to others who may need and appreciate them.
If I’ve learned anything in my 20’s thus far, it would boil down to the following:
- Enjoy your youth, but don’t piss it away!
- You can still establish a career and enjoy your social life
- Leave negative people and things in the past and move on. Surround yourself with people you admire.
- Live in the moment, take a breath and step outside your comfort zone
- You’ll figure it out
I spent my birthday weekend in Toronto at this AWESOME Airbnb. I would definitely recommend for someone traveling with a group of 6-8. We also went out to this quaint and unique cider bar called Her Father’s Cider Bar. I even tried a thai ginger cider and it was pretty tasty!! We followed this with a trip to the Loose Moose pub. A classic for a guaranteed good night. Live band, good drinks, what more could you ask for?
In honour of my recent birthday, I decided to reflect and start a list of 30 things I would like to complete before I turn 30. I will update while I (hopefully) complete the tasks on my “30th birthday bucket list” per se.
1. Buy a rental/income property
2. See at least 5 more countries
3. Pay off my student loan!! (7374.44 to go!)
4. Write a book
5. Establish multiple income streams (passive and active)
6. Visit Las Vegas
7. Visit all of Canada’s provinces. (3/10)
8. Plan an amazing themed party
9. Make a difference in someone’s life
10. Take a photography class
11. Sit down with my Grandparents and learn more about them/my family history
12. Buy a new car
13. Take a healthy eating class
14. Read 20 new books
15. Make a family photo book for my grandparents/parents
16. Start a new tradition
17. Discover more of my local area – restaurants, hiking trails etc.
18. Volunteer somewhere
19. Make an unlikely friend
20. Find the perfect dog 🙂
21. Learn to play that guitar I have
22. Get more organized
23. Show more appreciation for my
24. Always choose local restaurants vs franchise
25. Pay it forward
26. Put more effort into visiting far away friends
27. Start to learn a new language
28. Establish a career
29. Use a planner
30. Have a wild 30th birthday party!
My priorities may change, but as of right now, these are things that are important to me to complete before I’m 30.
I will try to keep updated as I go. I also keep a life long bucket list that maybe I’ll post one day.
Do you keep a bucket list? Comment below if so!